New to motogp.com?Register here
Repsol Honda Team’s Alex Marquez led the MotoGP™ field in Warm Up at the Gran Premio TISSOT dell'Emilia Romagna e della Riviera di Rimini, the reigning Moto2™ World Champion’s fastest lap was a 1:32.402 as he led polesitter Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) and second in the Championship Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) by less than a tenth.
COMING UP: Viñales guns for Sunday redemption
Track temperature at the start of the 20-minute session was a very cool 26 degrees Celsius, and on the entry into Turn 2, Pramac Racing’s Jack Miller suffered an off-throttle highside. The Australian looked a bit beaten up in the aftermath but thankfully, Miller was able to head back out on circuit but he could only manage P20 – hopefully, the man second on the grid won’t be feeling the effects later on for the race.
Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Sprinta Racing) – who is still nursing a stomach bug – finished P4 in Warm Up as he goes in search of a second consecutive MotoGP™ victory, while Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) made it two Hondas in the top five.
Make sure you don’t miss a single lap of action when the premier class go into battle at 14:00 local time (GMT+2) this afternoon. What does the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli have in store for us today?
1. Alex Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) – 1:32.402
2. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.010
3. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.077
4. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.099
5. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.226
6. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.284
7. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.423
8. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.443
9. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 0.461
10. Franceso Bagnaia (Pramac Racing) + 0.468
Click here for the full results!
1 year ago
1 year ago