New to motogp.com?Register here
This weekend the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya is helping stage the Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya in a sustainable and healthy way, in line with the compliance of the strict Covid-19 protection measures. By supporting the following actions, KiSSBarcelona will be brought to life:
- Use of hydroalcoholic gel dispensers, which will be available in the different spaces of the Circuit.
- Keeping the social distance of two metres.
- Mandatory use of face masks.
(Used gloves and masks must be deposited in the clinical waste bins which have been specifically made available to this end in different spaces of the Circuit.)
- Responsible use and consumption of water.
- Efficient energy consumption (electricity meters in the pit garages).
- Circular Economy, 0 Waste. The best waste is no waste.
- Km 0 & organic products. You have the possibility to purchase local, organic and sustainable products, which are included in the attached catalogue. Please contact each supplier directly.
- Use of the containers located inside the pit garages to collect dirty fabrics, and the red drums located outside the pit garages, to collect residual oil only. The drums must always be closed and no other items are allowed to be thrown inside.
- Containers for different types of waste will be set up in the paddock in order to provide for correct recycling. These containers are located in the paddock at the ground floor of each tower, and in front of each box (side paddock) there are containers for the packaging. There will be a container for the collection of cooking used oil, behind the hospitality kitchens. Please, use the container and the other facilities correctly by throwing every waste in the correct container.
Recycling helps protect the environment
By reducing waste as recycling as much as possible, you’ll be helping to save the world’s precious resources. When we recycle, used materials are converted into new products, reducing the need to consume natural resources. Recycling reduces the need for extracting (mining, quarrying and logging), refining and processing raw materials. All of these create substantial air and water pollution. As recycling saves energy, it also reduces greenhouse gas emissions, which helps to tackle climate change.
Circuit forest biodiversity
During the current edition of KISSBarcelona 2020, we are celebrating the 25th anniversary of the FIM Environmental Code, opening the improvements in biodiversity performed this year in the Forest of the Circuit. The implementation of a Path of Senses in our forest implies the extension of our health and well-being spaces, which were introduced back in 2019, within the 25 h of green areas in the Circuit.
The reforestation of eco-systems is essential to achieve the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals), especially as regards the climate change, water and the conservation of biodiversity, thus reducing all of the harmful effects on human health. For this reason, and considering the current state of exception, the UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme) has proclaimed the reforestation of eco-systems as a world priority for the 2021-2030 decade.
Please feel free to share any initiatives regarding sustainability with KiSSBarcelona, they would like to join and disseminate it.
4 weeks ago