New to motogp.com?Register here
On his farewell weekend as a rider, Alex de Angelis (Octo Pramac MotoE) set a 1:54.595 in FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup FP1 at the SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France to beat second fastest Xavier Simeon (LCR E-Team) by 0.451 seconds. World Cup leader Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE) was third quickest in the opening session of the weekend, the Italian just over half a second off the pace as the MotoE™ riders got their first taste of wet weather since the 2019 Austrian GP.
Xavi Cardelus (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) finished P4 in the wet conditions with Niccolo Canepa (LCR E-Team) P5 as the electric class tackled the tricky 30-minute session. Title hopefuls Mattia Casadei (Ongetta SIC58 Squadra Corse) – who crashed unhurt at Turn 7 – and Jordi Torres (Pons Racing 40) rounded out the top 10 in P9 and P10 respectively, with second in the title race Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP) P16 – 3.827 seconds adrift of P1.
The MotoE™ riders face FP2 later on this afternoon at 16:10 local time (GMT+2), before E-Pole and Race 1 take place on a potentially title-deciding Saturday.
1. Alex de Angelis (Octo Pramac MotoE) – 1:54.595
2. Xavier Simeon (LCR E-Team) + 0.451
3. Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE) + 0.548
4. Xavi Cardelus (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) + 0.941
5. Niccolo Canepa (LCR E-Team) + 1.045
6. Josh Hook (Octo Pramac MotoE) + 1.066
7. Niki Tuuli (Avant Ajo MotoE) + 1.148
8. Eric Granado (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) + 1.187
9. Mattia Casadei (Ongetta SIC58 Squadracorse) + 1.495
10. Jordi Torres (Pons Racing 40) + 1.528
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL RESULTS!
Are you a MotoE™ fan? Complete THIS SURVEY to be in with a chance of winning a MotoGP™ Season VideoPass!