New to motogp.com?Register here
EG 0,0 Marc VDS pair Sam Lowes and Augusto Fernandez put in polished performances to come out top of the timesheets in the Moto2™ Warm Up at the SHARK Helmets French Grand Prix.
Briton Lowes set the fastest time on his penultimate lap with a 1:36.859 which was nearly seven tenths quicker than his teammate.
Enea Bastianini (Italtrans Racing Team) completed the Top 3, showing some good pace as he seeks to maintain the pressure on Championship leader Luca Marini (SKY Team Racing VR46), who was 11th quickest around the Bugatti Circuit.
The session wasn’t without incident though, as Kasma Daniel (Onexox TKKR SAG Team) and Tetsuta Nagashima (Red Bull KTM Ajo) both fell victim to Turn 3, with the wicked left-hander causing problems for riders all through the weekend.
P3 Remy Gardner (Onexox TKKR SAG Team) also went off the track at Turn 8, as he got his braking wrong while Marcel Schrotter (Liqui Moly Intact) also found himself in the gravel at the double right. Aaron Canet (Inde Aspar Team Moto2) looked in some discomfort after sliding off the track at Turn 6, and he was taken to the medical centre to nurse an apparent injury to his left hand.
Make sure to follow all the action as Moto2™ sess lights out at 14:30 local time.
1. Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) – 1:36.859
2. Augusto Fernandez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.669
3. Enea Bastianini (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.719
4. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.755
5. Tom Lüthi (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.774
6. Jake Dixon (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.844
7. Joe Roberts (Tennor American Racing) + 0.851
8. Jorge Navarro (Termozeta Speed Up) + 0.933
9. Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 1.089
10. Fabio Di Giannantonio (Termozeta Speed Up) + 1.237
1 year ago