New to motogp.com?Register here
Jeremy Alcoba (Kommerling Gresini Moto3) was quickest in Free Practice 2 on Saturday afternoon, but it is only good enough for second overall on the Combined Timesheets as Jaume Masia (Leopard Racing) remains top following the conclusion of Moto3™’s Friday at the Liqui Moly Grand Prix of Teruel.
Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) and Gabriel Rodrigo (Kommerling Gresini Moto3) were second and third fastest in the session, but neither could crack the Top 3 as Romano Fenati (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) currently occupies P3 thanks to a good showing in FP1. Rodrigo’s hopes of improving his time ended earlier than he would have hoped as he went flying into the gravel at Turn 12 after clipping the back of Nicolo Antonelli (SIC58 Squadra Corse) on his final time attack.
Riders generally struggled to find the same speed as they did in the morning with the wind levels having picked up in the afternoon, but once again it was Fernandez who found the early pace with last week’s poleman taking P2 in FP2 on his 7th lap. He remained largely unchallenged until a flurry of late flying laps saw Alcoba set a 1:58.080 on his final attempt to consolidate his P2 on the combined timesheets.
It was a difficult session for Darryn Binder (CIP Green Power), John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing), Deniz Oncu (Red Bull KTM Tech 3) and Stefano Nepa (Solunion Aspar Team) as all four suffered late start penalties for irresponsible riding during Qualifying last weekend.
The lightweight class will be back in action on Saturday morning for FP3 as they seek to secure their place in Q2, with action underway at 10:00 local time.
Support for this video player will be discontinued soon.
Round 12: Moto3™ FP2 at the Teruel Grand Prix
Top 10 combined:
1. Jaume Masia (Leopard Racing) – 1:58.076
2. Jeremy Alcoba (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 0.004
3. Romano Fenati (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) + 0.136
4. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.144
5. Gabriel Rodrigo (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 0.192
6. Darryn Binder (CIP Green Power) + 0.197
7. Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Tech3) + 0.203
8. Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia) + 0.256
9. Albert Arenas (Solunion Aspar Team Moto3) + 0.443
10. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.550
1 month ago
1 month ago