New to motogp.com?Register here
Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) topped a dry Moto2™ Warm Up at the Gran Premio de Europa, the Italian beating Championship leader Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) – who crashed unhurt at Turn 14 – by 0.066 with a 1:35.944. Lorenzo Baldassarri (Flexbox HP 40) was third fastest, 0.146 off his compatriot’s time.
Second in the Championship Enea Bastainini (Italtrans Racing Team) set the fourth fastest time of Warm Up, Joe Roberts (Tennor American Racing) completed the top five. The American crashed at Turn 10 at the end of the session though, rider ok, as Lowes also went down just before the chequered flag was waved – Turn 14 was the British rider’s crash.
Title contender Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) crashed unhurt in the opening exchanges at Turn 5, a tumble that saw him miss most of the session, the Italian getting five laps in at the end. How costly could that prove to be later today? Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Italtrans Racing Team) and Jorge Navarro (HDR Heidrun Speed Up) also crashed, riders ok.
A huge Moto2™ race is coming up at 12:20 local time (GMT+1) – don’t miss it!
1. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) – 1:35.944
2. Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.066
3. Lorenzo Baldassarri (Flexbox HP 40) + 0.146
4. Enea Bastainini (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.279
5. Joe Roberts (Tennor American Racing) + 0.288
6. Fabio Di Giannantonio (HDR Heidrun Speed Up) + 0.339
7. Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.352
8. Edgar Pons (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 0.375
9. Hector Garzo (Flexbox HP 40) + 0.443
10. Tetsuta Nagashima (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.510