2 days ago
New to motogp.com?Register here
The most important session of the season so far? Arguably yes. MotoGP™ Warm Up provided the riders with some crucial dry track time ahead of the Gran Premio de Europa battle and it was Championship leader Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) who led the way with a 1:32.251. Second place went to Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) who finishes just 0.041 off Mir’s time, Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) completed the top three as 0.552 covers the top 16.
The 20-minute Warm Up was the only session of the weekend where the premier class could get any sort of data for what tyres and set-up they’re going to use for the 27-lap encounter this afternoon. To say it was a vital session is an understatement. Every set of Michelin slick tyres made an appearance in a very busy Sunday morning as Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) lapped on the hard-rear tyre throughout.
MotoGP™ Warm Up: Gran Premio de Europa
Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) and polesitter Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) were the riders who occupied fourth and fifth as the top 12 all finished under four tenths from P1. The race later on today is incredibly unpredictable, make sure you don’t miss a single lap of action when the premier class do battle in Valencia at 14:00 local time (GMT+1).
COMING UP: The countdown is on
1. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) – 1:32.251
2. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.041
3. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) + 0.100
4. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.120
5. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.187
6. Alex Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.232
7. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.309
8. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.325
9. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) + 0.356
10. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.368
2 days ago
5 days ago
2 weeks ago