After securing his first Moto2™ front row on Saturday at the Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana, Hector Garzo (Flexbox HP 40) topped Warm Up with a 1:34.942 to see him finishing 0.087 ahead of fellow front row starter Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46). Tetsuta Nagashima (Red Bull KTM Ajo) completed the top three as second in the Championship Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) endures a tough Sunday morning stint.
Strong start to Sunday for @hector_garzo! ????— MotoGP™???? (@MotoGP) November 15, 2020
Could today be the day he picks up his first #Moto2 podium? ????#ValenciaGP ???? pic.twitter.com/lTprxAfKUJ
The British rider crashed heavily in FP3 and has injured his right wrist. While nothing is broken and with Lowes setting a time that was just seven tenths off P1, the three-time 2020 winner and Enea Bastianini’s (Italtrans Racing Team) closest challenger was noticeably in some discomfort. Talking of the Italian, Bastianini finished 8th in Warm Up and has a shot at winning the title today. Bezzecchi and Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46), along with Lowes, will be aiming to have something to say about that though.
Tom Lüthi (Liqui Moly Intact GP) and Somkiat Chantra (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) both crashed separately and unhurt at Turn 1.
Moto2™ title contender Lowes suffers horrible crash in FP3
Tune in for a critical Moto2™ race at 12:20 local time (GMT+1).
1. Hector Garzo (Flexbox HP 40) – 1:34.942
2. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.087
3. Tetsuta Nagashima (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.105
4. Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.109
5. Fabio Di Giannantonio (MB Conveyors Speed Up) + 0.197
6. Lorenzo Baldassarri (Flexbox HP 40) + 0.198
7. Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.205
8. Enea Bastianini (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.220
9. Marcos Ramirez (Tennor American Racing) + 0.329
10. Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.363
7 months ago
2 months ago
2 months ago
New to motogp.com?Register here