2 years ago
Polesitter Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) was once again top of the standings as the Italian led MotoGP™ Warm Up at the Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana. Match Point Sunday in Valencia has begun and it was Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) and Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) who completed the top three, those two riders could become our 10th different winner of 2020 later on.
COMING UP: Game on in Valencia
The Ducatis of Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) and Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) rounded out a top five covered by 0.311 seconds as the sun shone on Sunday morning at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo. To say it’s a huge day is an understatement. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) could win the MotoGP™ World Championship today and the Spaniard finished P8 in Warm Up, one place ahead of Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT). Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) was P16.
The premier class go into battle at 14:00 local time (GMT+1) in Valencia this afternoon. The 27-lap race is simply unmissable as we could see history being made.
MotoGP™ recap: Morbidelli rediscovers his rhythm
1. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) – 1:31.057
2. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.138
3. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.263
4. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) + 0.310
5. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 0.311
6. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.348
7. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.351
8. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.356
9. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.383
10. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Tech3) + 0.550
FREE! Every twist and turn from an incredible Q2 in Valencia
2 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here