New to motogp.com?Register here
Red Bull KTM Factory Racing's Pol Espargaro continued his charge towards a dream debut MotoGP™ victory in his final performance in orange by taking top spot in FP4 at the Grande Prémio MEO de Portugal.
The Spaniard crashed out in the early stages but bounced back to jump to the top of the timesheets with his final lap of the session ahead of Red Bull KTM Tech3's Miguel Oliveira, who continued his fine form on home soil, and LCR Honda Idemitsu's Takaaki Nakagami, who suffered a fast crash at Turn 4 for the second time this weekend.
Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP's Maverick Viñales was only 0.059 seconds adrift of his compatriot in fourth place, before then Aprilia Racing Team Gresini's Aleix Espargaro made sure there were four factories inside a top five split by just 0.071 of a second in an incredibly tight FP4 session.
Late drama saw Johann Zarco's Esponsorama Racing Ducati GP19 go pop with a handful of seconds remaining, forcing a delayed start to Q1 at Portimao.
1. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) – 1:40.150
2. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Tech3) + 0.034
3. Takaaki Nakgami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.040
4. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.059
5. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.071
6. Alex Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.322
7. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.348
8. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.415
9. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.445
10. Stefan Bradl (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.458