Is the dream ending to Cal Crutchlow’s (LCR Honda Castrol) full-time MotoGP™ career on the cards? Judging from his P4 on the grid and ending Grande Premio MEO de Portugal Warm Up fastest, it could well be. The British rider finished 0.114 ahead of teammate Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) on Sunday morning, with Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) completing the top three.
COMING UP: History beckons but for Portugal or number 10?
Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) was P4 ahead of younger brother Pol Espagraro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing), the latter aiming for his maiden victory in his last KTM race today. Home hero and polesitter Miguel Oliveria (Red Bull KTM Tech3) finished P11 in Warm Up, will Portugal witness their main man stand on the top step in Portimao later on?
Stefan Bradl’s (Repsol Honda Team) first mistake of the weekend occurred at the vigorously fast Turn 9 early on in Warm Up, thankfully the leading factory rider on the grid was able to walk away relatively unscathed.
Thank you so much for sticking with us in 2020!
The last MotoGP™ dance of 2020 is coming up at 14:00 local time (GMT+0) from the stunning Algarve International Circuit. Tune in to see who comes out on top of the final premier class battle!
1. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) – 1:40.067
2. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.114
3. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.129
4. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.433
5. Pol Espagraro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.442
6. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.509
7. Alex Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.526
8. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.564
9. Johann Zarco (Esponsorama Racing) + 0.589
10. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.725
2 years ago
2 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here