New to motogp.com?Register here
Leopard Racing’s Jaume Masia topped Moto3™ Warm Up with a 1:48.582 at the Grande Premio MEO de Portugal, the Spaniard beat title-chasing Tony Arbolino (Rivacold Snipers Team) by less than a tenth. Dennis Foggia (Leopard Racing) was also less than a tenth off his teammate as excitement, tension and nerves now start to build for the lightweight class title decider.
Albert Arenas (Gaviota Aspar Team Moto3) and Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia) finished 8th and 5th respectively in Warm Up and sit next to each other on the second row. Arbolino has a mountain to climb from P27 on the grid at 11:00 local time (GMT+0), but that doesn’t mean the Italian can’t claim the title.
Whichever way you look at it, Moto3™'s Portimao battle is simply unmissable.
1. Jaume Masia (Leopard Racing) – 1:48.582
2. Tony Arbolino (Rivacold Snipers Team) + 0.034
3. Dennis Foggia (Leopard Racing) + 0.084
4. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.317
5. Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia) + 0.382
6. Jeremy Alcoba (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 0.401
7. Romano Fenati (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) + 0.578
8. Albert Arenas (Gaviota Aspar Team Moto3) + 0.634
9. Andrea Migno (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.642
10. Sergio Garcia (Estrella Galicia 0,0) + 0.697
2 weeks ago