4 weeks ago
New to motogp.com?Register here
It’s a Repsol Honda Team 1-2 at the top of the Qatar Test Day 2 timesheets so far as the German test rider sets the pace with a 1:54.658, 0.015 ahead of HRC newcomer Pol Espargaro. Bradl’s current time is already quicker than Aleix Espargaro’s (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) best from Saturday, and it’s the latter who sits third at midday – 0.036s adrift.
The biggest news so far from Day 2 is that, according to pitlane reporter Simon Crafar, KTM have joined Aprilia, Ducati and Honda in having a front-end holeshot device. So make sure you keep a keen eye on that when we get shots of the riders doing practice starts later this evening.
Alex Marquez (LCR Honda Castrol) and Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) have crashed on Day 2 in the last sector, the rookie going down at Turn 16, with Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) also crashing just before the halfway point at Turn 2.
Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) has completed the most laps of any rider so far with 35 on the board, the Frenchman is currently 6th fastest behind the leading trio, Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) and Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT).
Make sure you tune into After the Flag at 18:30 CET for LIVE analysis, reaction and interviews from Day 2 of the Qatar Test, as well as keeping up with the action throughout the day via Live Timing.
Top 10 (times as of 15:36 local time):
1. Stefan Bradl (Repsol Honda Team) – 1:54.658
2. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.015
3. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.036
4. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.187
5. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.468
6. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 0.529
7. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.616
8. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.654
9. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.902
10. Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.952
4 weeks ago
1 month ago