Red Bull KTM Ajo’s star rookie Pedro Acosta topped the first session of 2021 as the Moto3™ riders completed FP1 at the Barwa Grand Prix of Qatar. The reigning Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup winner set a 2:05.809 to beat Darryn Binder (Petronas Sprinta Racing) by 0.089s, with Ryusei Yamanaka (CarXpert PrüstelGP) completing the top three.
The rookie rules in FP1! ????@37_pedroacosta sets the pace at Losail! ????#Moto3 | #QatarGP ???????? pic.twitter.com/jR7WOhRPVv— MotoGP™???? (@MotoGP) March 26, 2021
A couple of title favourites rounded out the top five in the baking afternoon sun at the Losail International Circuit, Jaume Masia (Red Bull KTM Ajo) and John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) were within four tenths of Acosta’s time.
The lightweight class will be back on track for FP2 at 18:10 local time (GMT+3), tune in to see who takes the first Friday honours of the season.
1. Pedro Acosta (Red Bull KTM Ajo) – 2:05.809
2. Darryn Binder (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.089
3. Ryusei Yamanaka (CarXpert PrüstelGP) +0.377
4. Jaume Masia (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.379
5. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.399
6. Andrea Migno (Rivacold Snipers Team) + 0.437
7. Jason Dupasquier (Car Xpert Prüstel) + 0.443
8. Kaito Toba (CIP Green Power) + 0.611
9. Stefano Nepa (Boe Owlride) + 0.624
10. Izan Guevara (GasGas Gaviota Aspar) + 1.092
New to motogp.com?Register here