1 year ago
Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) qualified P2 for the Barwa Grand Prix of Qatar and started his Sunday by topping the morning Warm Up with a 1:55.147, 0.138s ahead of teammate and fellow front row starter Maverick Viñales. Third place in Warm Up went the way of Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) as windy conditions made life a little bit harder for the riders at Losail.
Warm-up ends with a @YamahaMotoGP 1-2! ????@FabioQ20 is fastest overall ahead of @mvkoficial12 and @JohannZarco1, although his practice start didn't go to plan! ????#QatarGP ???????? pic.twitter.com/d1g6GeZkxb— MotoGP™???? (@MotoGP) March 28, 2021
Thankfully though, we didn’t see any crashes in MotoGP™ Warm Up. It’s very blustery at the Losail International Circuit, but safe enough to allow the riders to still push and get some decent running under their belts ahead of the first race of 2021. Alex Marquez (LCR Honda Castrol) and Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) rounded out the top five in the 20-minute session, just under half a second adrift of Quartararo.
All the work for the race has now been completed on track, the next time we’ll see the MotoGP™ riders out on circuit is for 2021’s season-opener. You do not want to miss the spectacle at 20:00 local time (GMT+3), make sure you’re sat in front of your TV ready for the drama to unfold.
1. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) – 1:55.147
2. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.138
3. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 0.186
4. Alex Marquez (LCR Honda Castrol) + 0.453
5. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.465
6. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.642
7. Enea Bastianini (Esponsorama Racing) + 0.666
8. Stefan Bradl (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.680
9. Luca Marini (SKY VR46 Esponsorama) + 0.698
10. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.710
1 year ago
2 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here