New to motogp.com?Register here
With heavy downpours on Thursday and overnight, Friday morning’s Moto3™ FP1 at the Grande Prémio 888 de Portugal was blighted by damp patches scattered all the way around the Algarve International Circuit. At the end of the session, Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Tech3) was fastest with a 1:56.978, some eight seconds off last year’s FP1 time. Filip Salac (Rivacold Snipers Team) and John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) completed the top three.
It was a tricky session for the lightweight class, with the circuit taking a while to dry out in the Portuguese sun. Andi Izdihar (Honda Team Asia) and Darryn Binder (Petronas Sprinta Racing) rounded out a top five split by 0.698s, but the timesheets – weather depending – will change this afternoon for FP2 at 13:15 local time (GMT+1).
1. Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Tech3) – 1:56.978
2. Filip Salac (Rivacold Snipers Team) + 0.047
3. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.462
4. Andi Izdihar (Honda Team Asia) + 0.601
5. Darryn Binder (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.698
6. Romano Fenati (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) + 1.304
7. Andrea Migno (Rivacold Snipers Team) + 1.472
8. Sergio Garcia (GASGAS Valresa Aspar Team) + 1.499
9. Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 1.651
10. Yuki Kunii (Honda Team Asia) + 1.759