Ducati Lenovo Team’s Jack Miller set the pace in MotoGP™ Warm Up at the Grande Prémio 888 de Portugal as race day begins at the Algarve International Circuit. The Australian landed a 1:39.721 on his final flying lap to beat polesitter Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) by less than a tenth, World Champion Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) completed the fastest three.
COMING UP: Who will thrill on the rollercoaster?
Before setting the best lap of the 20-minute session, Miller’s Ducati was on fire as he rumbled back into pitlane. The situation was quickly kept under control by the factory Ducati team and the number 43 was back on track in no time, Miller beginning his Sunday in fine style. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) was fourth fastest behind Quartararo and Mir, Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) rounded out a top five covered by 0.157s.
???? @jackmilleraus' hot seat getting a little too hot!@ducaticorse quickly solve the problem! ????#PortugueseGP ???????? pic.twitter.com/HHrVfwDApS— MotoGP™???? (@MotoGP) April 18, 2021
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) completed just four laps in Warm Up as the eight-time World Champion shapes up for his racing return, it’s going to be fascinating to see how the number 93 gets on. Fellow Honda rider Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) finished P14 but looked to be in considerable pain with his right collarbone after his heavy Friday Turn 1 crash, the Japanese rider’s Portuguese GP looks to be in doubt.
A captivating MotoGP™ race is coming up at 13:00 local time (GMT+1) in Portimao, Round 3 is simply unmissable. Tune in!
1. Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) – 1:39.721
2. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.080
3. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.100
4. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.150
5. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.157
6. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.191
7. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 0.320
8. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.403
9. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.452
10. Danilo Petrucci (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing) + 0.672
New to motogp.com?Register here