New to motogp.com?Register here
Niccolo Antonelli (Avintia Esponsorama Racing Moto3) kicked off his weekend as the fastest man in Moto3™ FP1 at the Red Bull Grand Prix of Spain. A 1:46.319 on his final lap was enough for the Italian to top the timesheets on a cool morning at Circuito de Jerez- Angel Nieto, with well over a tenth to spare on nearest challenger Gabriel Rodrigo (Indonesian Racing Gresini Moto3), and two-tenths on Jason Dupasquier (CarXpert Pruestel GP).
The end of the session saw some quicker lap times come in, but the lightweight class still remain over a second off of Andrea Migno’s (Rivacold Snipers Team) 2020 record. Can they get closer to that mark as the weather and competition heats up this afternoon for FP2? Riders are back on track at 13:15 (GMT +2).
1. Niccolo Antonelli (Avintia Esponsorama Racing Moto3) – 1:46.319
2. Gabriel Rodrigo (Indonesian Racing Gresini Moto3) + 0.169
3. Jason Dupasquier (CarXpert Pruestel GP) + 0.212
4. Jaume Masia (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.229
5. Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Tech3) + 0.249
6. Dennis Foggia (Leopard Racing) + 0.276
7. Andrea Migno (Rivacold Snipers Team) + 0.302
8. Darryn Binder (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.332
9. Stefano Nepa (BOE Owlride) + 0.343
10. Romano Fenati (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) + 0.397
2 years ago