New to motogp.com?Register here
Fabio Di Giannantonio’s (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) last flying lap in Moto2™ Warm Up at the Gran Premio Red Bull de España saw the Italian beat Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) by 0.053s, and Diggia’s 1:41.430 was enough to see off third fastest Aron Canet (Inde Aspar Team) by 0.221s.
With just under 11 minutes of the session to go, Celestino Vietti’s (SKY Racing Team VR46) rapid Turn 7 crash caused the air fence to be damaged and because of that, the red flags were waved in order for repairs to be made. The Italian was thankfully unscathed and the riders were back on track a few minutes later, with Jake Dixon (Petronas Sprinta Racing) then going down at Turn 7. The British rider was on his feet but headed to the medical centre for a check-up.
Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) was fourth quickest in the 20-minute dash with polesitter and World Championship leader Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) completing the top five. Will the Australian still be leading the title race in a few hours’ time? Find out at 12:20 local time (GMT+2).
1. Fabio Di Giannantonio (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) – 1:41.430
2. Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.053
3. Aron Canet (Inde Aspar Team) + 0.221
4. Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.278
5. Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.428
6. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.465
7. Hector Garzo (Flexbox HP40) + 0.478
8. Marcos Ramirez (American Racing) + 0.535
9. Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.594
10. Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.645