New to motogp.com?Register here
On a dry Le Mans circuit, Aron Canet (Inde Aspar Team) topped the timesheets in Moto2™ FP1 at the SHARK Grand Prix de France after setting a 1:37.535. Stefano Manzi (Flexbox HP40) and Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) are inside the top three on Friday morning as 0.143s splits the fastest trio.
It was an important outing for the intermediate class in the dry conditions. Weather forecasts suggest rain will be looming at Le Mans throughout the weekend, so FP1 could be the best conditions they’ll face – crucial for the automatic Q2 places. Jerez race winner Fabio Di Giannantonio (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) claimed P4 with Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) fifth heading into the afternoon session.
Spanish GP podium finisher Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) crashed unhurt at Turn 9, the Italian wasn’t able to get back out on track and finished FP1 in P22.
Tune into Moto2™ FP2 at 15:10 local time (GMT+2) to see what the weather brings for the intermediate class runners!
1. Aron Canet (Inde Aspar Team) – 1:37.535
2. Stefano Manzi (FlexBox HP40) + 0.108
3. Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.143
4. Fabio Di Giannantonio (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 0.277
5. Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.380
6. Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.695
7. Jake Dixon (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.767
8. Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.808
9. Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.846
10. Hafizh Syahrin (NTS RW Racing GP) + 0.968
4 weeks ago