New to motogp.com?Register here
2020 Le Mans winner Danilo Petrucci (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing) went 0.279s quicker than Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) in a wet MotoGP™ Warm Up at the SHARK Grand Prix de France, as the heavens opened overnight and this morning on race day. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) was just over half a second adrift of Petrucci in third.
France’s Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) and reigning World Champion Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) were early crashers in Warm Up, the latter going down at the notorious Turn 3 before both Repsol Honda Team riders also went down at Turn 3. Pol Espargaro and Marc Marquez both lost the rear in almost identical fashion, the duo were perfectly ok.
It had stopped raining ahead of the MotoGP™ stint but due to the sheer amount of water that had fallen through the night and this morning, it was a soaked Le Mans layout that greeted all three classes. World Championship leader Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) was fourth fastest, the Italian has work to do from P16 on the grid later on, Mir was able to recover to P5 after his early tumble.
What will the weather bring later on at 14:00 local time (GMT+2) for Round 5 of the 2021 season? No one knows. Make sure you’re sat in front of your screens for what promises to be a thrilling premier class encounter!
COMING UP: Will the rain spoil France's premier class party?
1. Danilo Petrucci (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing) – 1:44.515
2 Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.279
3. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.533
4. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.590
5. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.854
6. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 0.854
7. Valentino Rossi (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.855
8. Iker Lecuona (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing) + 0.928
9. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.961
10. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.997