New to motogp.com?Register here
The Sachsenring welcomed the Moto2™ class out on track for Warm Up on Sunday morning as the Liqui Moly Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland powers into race day, with Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) leading the way in the heat of the German weather. His 1’24.354 was good enough to put him 0.083s clear of Jorge Navarro (+EGO Speed Up), whilst Championship leader Remy Gardner was able to complete the top three, 0.178s off his teammate at the head of the field.
Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) was once again showing strongly as he completed Sunday morning Warm Up in fourth, with front row starter Fabio Di Giannantonio a solid fifth after the 20 minutes of track time in the morning. Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Italtrans Racing Team) was impressive in sixth, whilst home hero Marcel Schrotter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) completed the session in eighth, as he prepares to battle through from 17th on the grid after a difficult qualifying. Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) was 13th.
Moto2™ will kick off at 12:20pm local time (GMT+2) for their 28 lap encounter
Top 10 after Moto2™ Warm Up:
1. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) 1’24.354
2. Jorge Navarro (+EGO Speed Up) +0.083
3. Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) +0.178
4. Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) +0.211
5. Fabio Di Giannantonio (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) +0.223
6. Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Italtrans Racing Team) +0.250
7. Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) +0.302
8. Marcel Schrotter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) +0.360
9. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) +0.376
10. Jake Dixon (Petronas Sprinta Racing) +0.468