New to motogp.com?Register here
Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) sits top of the combined Moto2™ standings on Day 1 at the Motul TT Assen as the rain falls in the afternoon, seeing the intermediate class endure some wet weather running at the end of play. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) is second fastest, 0.143s behind Augusto Fernandez’s 1:36.744, World Championship leader Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) completes the top three at the Cathedral of Speed.
With the afternoon rain fall, the combined times at the end of the day are as they were at the chequered flag in FP1. That means behind the fastest trio is Jorge Navarro (+Ego Speed Up) in P4, Simone Corsi (MV Agusta Forward Racing) pops up with a fantastic P5 on the opening day. Somkiat Chantra (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia), Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46), Stefano Manzi (Flexbox HP40), Joe Roberts (Italtrans Racing Team) and Fabio Di Giannantonio (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) were the riders to complete the top 10 in the dry FP1 conditions.
The entire FP2 session was completed on a rain-soaked TT Assen Circuit, but a dry line did start to appear towards the back end of the stint. Hector Garzo (Flexbox HP40) stuck in a late time to go fastest in FP2 to topple Augusto Fernandez, as Nicolo Bulega (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2), Aron Canet (Aspar Team Moto2) and Roberts produced strong wet weather performances.
Make sure you have your eyes peeled to Moto2™ FP3 at 10:55 local time (GMT+2) on Saturday morning to see if anyone can improve their times ahead of qualifying.
Top 10 combined:
1. Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) – 1:36.744
2. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.143
3. Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.388
4. Jorge Navarro (+EGO Speed Up) + 0.525
5. Simone Corsi (MV Agusta Forward Racing) + 0.652
6. Somkiat Chantra (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) + 0.740
7. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.797
8. Stefano Manzi (FlexBox HP40) + 0.812
9. Joe Roberts (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.878
10. Fabio Di Giannantonio (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 0.966
4 weeks ago