New to motogp.com?Register here
Marco Bezzecchi put in some impressive laps in Moto2™ FP1 to ensure that he starts the Michelin® Grand Prix of Styria top of the timesheets. The SKY Racing Team VR46 rider’s final lap of 1:29.115 was enough to reclaim P1 from Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) by just 0.080 seconds while Aron Canet (Aspar Team Moto2) completes the top 3.
Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Italaltrans Racing Team) can be satisfied with Friday morning work as well, the Italian is in fourth ahead of Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team). Picking up from where he left off prior to the summer break, rookie Ai Ogura (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) sits sixth on the timesheets as he continue to impress in his debut year. Conspicuous in their absence from the very top of the timesheets, Red Bull KTM Ajo duo Raul Fernandez and Championship leader Remy Gardner are P7 and P8 respectively.
It was a rough welcome back for Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing), who hit the deck early in the session at turn 5, while Cameron Beaubier (American Racing) was the only other faller in the morning, going down at turn 3. Both riders are ok and will be back in action when the intermediate class returns to the track at 3.10pm (CET), make sure you tune in then.
1. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) – 1:29.115
2. Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.080
3. Aron Canet (Aspar Team Moto2) + 0.248
4. Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.283
5. Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.291
6. Ai Ogura (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) + 0.326
7. Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.342
8. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.346
9. Stefano Manzi (FlexBox HP40) + 0.452
10. Jorge Navarro (Lightech Speed Up) + 0.514
2 years ago
2 years ago