New to motogp.com?Register here
Despite a late crash at Turn 9 in Moto2™ FP3, Aron Canet (Kipin Energy Aspar Team) is the rider to beat heading into qualifying at the Monster Energy British Grand Prix thanks to a 2:04.180 on Saturday morning. World Championship leader Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) is second fastest, 0.039s off Canet, with the Australian’s teammate Raul Fernandez third after not improving on his Friday effort.
The riders to beat after Friday’s running were Raul Fernandez and Jorge Navarro (Lightech Speed Up), however in FP3, neither were able to go quicker than they did in FP2. Canet and Gardner both found plenty of time to leapfrog the two Spaniards, and the top two on the combined standings hold a nice 0.2s advantage heading into qualifying.
Raul Fernandez and Navarro are P3 and P4 after Moto2™ Free Practice at Silverstone, 0.3s down on Canet’s time, with both Fabio Di Giannantonio (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) and Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) finding time in FP3 to sit P5 and P6 respectively. Elf Marc VDS Racing Team’s Sam Lowes and Augusto Fernandez didn’t improve, the duo slip to P6 and P7, as Joe Roberts (Italtrans Racing Team) and Nicolo Bulega (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) round out at top 10 covered by 0.9s.
Moto2™ qualifying is coming your way at 15:10 local time (GMT+1)!
Top 10 combined:
1. Aron Canet (Kipin Energy Aspar Team) – 2:04.180
2. Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.039
3. Jorge Navarro (Lightech Speed Up) + 0.369
4. Fabio Di Giannantonio (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 0.484
5. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.580
6. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.724
7. Joe Roberts (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.756
8. Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.760
9. Nicolo Bulega (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 0.927
10. Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.934
4 years ago
4 years ago