New to motogp.com?Register here
Aprilia Racing Team Gresini’s Aleix Espargaro kicked off Sunday at the Monster Energy British Grand Prix by topping MotoGP™ Warm Up with a 2:00.325, a time good enough to beat second place Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) by 0.026s. Polesitter Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) completed the top three ahead of the race, can the Spaniard fight for a first podium with Honda this afternoon?
On a sunny but chilly morning at Silverstone, Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) and Iker Lecuona (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing) completed the top five, in a session that saw the top 17 split by one second.
Enea Bastianini (Avintia Esponsorama) and eight-time World Champion Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) crashed unhurt in separate incidents on Sunday morning, the latter will launch from P5, with home hero debutant Jake Dixon (Petronas Yamaha SRT) going down at Turn 16 with two minutes to go – rider ok.
You don’t want to miss the 2021 British GP at 13:00 local time (GMT+1), a packed Silverstone awaits.
1. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) – 2:00.325
2. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.026
3. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.135
4. Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) + 0.229
5. Iker Lecuona (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing) + 0.259
6. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.287
7. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.367
8. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.372
9. Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.387
10. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.526
COMING UP: Who will be Silverstone's magic number seven?
FREE: Silverstone surprise in final five minutes of Q2
8 months ago
9 months ago
9 months ago