New to motogp.com?Register here
Six-time MotorLand Aragon winner Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) has come out the blocks flying at the Gran Premio TISSOT de Aragon, the Spaniard set a 1:48.048 to sit 0.971s clear of second fastest Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) in FP1. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) led the Desmosedici charge in P3, but the Italian was 1.145s off Marquez’ pace.
Alex Marquez (LCR Honda Castrol) finished P4 on Friday morning and demoted Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) down to P5 on his final flying lap, with no one able to match Marc Marquez’ blistering time in the closing stages of the opening 45-minute stint. The number 93 did slot a fresh rear tyre in, so it will be interesting to see if the chasing pack can reel him in in FP2.
Maverick Viñales, who returns this weekend with Aprilia Racing Team Gresini, was 19th quickest, but just a second away from second place Bagnaia – a solid morning’s work for the Spaniard.
Iker Lecuona (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing) crashed early on at Turn 16, the Spaniard was back up on his feet, with Valentino Rossi (Petronas Yamaha SRT) going down at Turn 5 with 13 minutes to go – rider ok.
The MotoGP™ riders will be back on track for FP2 at 14:10 local time (GMT+2), don’t miss it!
1. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) – 1:48.048
2. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.981
3. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 1.145
4. Alex Marquez (LCR Honda Castrol) + 1.158
5. Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 1.214
6. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 1.265
7. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 1.324
8. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 1.403
9. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 1.411
10 Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 1.541
9 months ago