New to motogp.com?Register here
Despite some rays of sunshine breaking through towards the latter end of Moto2™ FP2, the wet conditions continued as Thomas Luthi (Pertamina Mandalika SAG Team) showed his experience to navigate his way to the top of the timesheets. The Swiss rider recorded a 1:50.140 to comfortably take top spot on Friday morning ahead of Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) and Nicolo Bulega (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) at the Octo Grand Prix of San Marino.
Jake Dixon (Petronas Sprinta Racing) fell victim to the conditions, finding himself in the gravel at Turn 4, but he still posted a time good enough for P4 to make for a positive return to the intermediate class for the Brit, while Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) rounds out the top five. Somkiat Chantra (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) may be hoping the wet weather continues through the weekend as he showed his skill in tricky conditions to take sixth on the timesheets.
Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) also went down at Turn 4 but still earned P7, while Stefano Manzi (Flexbox HP40), Jorge Navarro (Lighttech Speed Up) and Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) round out the top 10.
Aron Canet was the sessions only other crash, going down at Turn 8, but he will be ok to take part in FP2 this afternoon, which gets underway at 15.10 local time.
1. Thomas Luthi (Pertamina Mandalika SAG Team) 1:50.140
2. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.288
3. Nicolò Bulega (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 0.438
4. Jake Dixon (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.483
5. Sam Lowes (ELF Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.578
6. Somkiat Chantra (IDEMITSU Honda Team Asia) + 0.761
7. Augusto Fernandez (ELF Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.769
8. Stefano Manzi (Flexbox HP40) + 1.020
9. Jorge Navarro (+Ego Speed Up) + 1.108
10. Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 1.185
1 month ago
1 month ago