New to motogp.com?Register here
The rain flags were waving with more than 10 minutes left of the morning FP1 session at the Octo Grand Prix of San Marino, meaning Maverick Viñales topped his very first session since joining Aprilia. The Spaniard recorded a 1:32.666 on slicks to leave him 0.080s clear of Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) in second, while Aragon GP winner Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) sits third.
Jack Miller just trails his Ducati teammate Bagnaia by 0.058s in P4, while Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) rounds out the top five. As the heavens opened further, only four bikes went back out, with the factory Suzukis and joined by Pol Espargaro and Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team). Naturally neither could improve their times as the rain tipped down, but both currently sit inside the top 10 places, joined by teammate for the weekend Stefan Bradl.
Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) and Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) round out the top 10. The conditions didn’t make for an ideal return to the track for Andrea Dovizioso, with the new Petronas Yamaha SRT rider at the bottom of the timesheets in P24 following the session.
1. Maverick Vinales (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) - 1:32.666
2. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.080
3. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.135
4. Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.193
5. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.219
6. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.353
7. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.358
8. Stefan Bradl (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.381
9. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.434
10. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.436
4 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
1 month ago