New to motogp.com?Register here
Back for a second season, the Rising Stars Series is gearing up for the Regional Finals that will determine who gets a shot at the 2022 MotoGP™ eSport Championship Global Series.
First started in 2020, this talent-spotting programme required young hopefuls around the world to tackle four Online Challenges in which Gamers are divided into three categories, depending on their location. These three are the Americas, Europe and Africa, and finally Asia and Oceania.
The stakes in the Regional Finals couldn’t be higher, with the winner in each category (Americas, Europe and Africa, Asia and Oceania) receiving a guaranteed place in the MotoGP™ eSport Pro Draft Selection in 2022.
The second of the finals to take place will be for the Asia and Oceania region, which takes place on Wednesday 13th October at 18.00 (GMT +7), 13.00 (GMT+/BCN). The ten finalists will take on the Chang International Circuit in Thailand. The ten-lap event around the technical track will be held and wet conditions and decides which competitor prevails to win this final.
Four countries are represented among the eleven hopefuls that will face off on Wednesday, including the Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia and Australia.
The Taiwanese gamer 阿仁_14 will surely start the Americas heat as favourite after scoring the maximum 100 points in the Online Challenges. He will line up for Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP. He will likely face stiff competition from the Malaysian EIKY13, whose performances in the Online Challenges earned him a seat at Red Bull KTM Factory Racing. The Malaysian Adamaiman43 will also be a contender aboard Ducati Lenovo eSport Team.
Th0mm0 will also be representing Australia for Suzuki Ecstar eSports Team , with Indonesian Ari TW running Petronas SRT Yamaha colours. Atok Awesome aka Syabil_bil10 is another Malaysian in this Regional Final. He will be riding for LCR Honda Castrol eSports Team. Malaysia’s MZ aka Muzamilzulkarnain will line up for Red Bull Tech3 KTM Factory Racing, with Syapixel 55 aka also from Malaysia, representing Repsol Honda Team. Malaysia’s hadireynaldi Ahmad Syafiq could be an outside bet for success with Aprilia eSports Team, as could syafiqracer92, Pramac Ducati’s entry.
The entry list for Asia and Oceania Final race will be as follows:
(10) Syabil_bil10 aka Atok Awesome from Malaysia with LCR Honda Castrol eSports Team
(13) EIKY13 from Malaysia with Red Bull KTM Factory Racing
(14) 阿仁_14 from Taiwan with Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP
(16) hadireynaldi from Indonesia with Aprilia eSports Team
(27) Th0mm0 from Australia with Suzuki Ecstar eSports Team
(35) MZ aka Muzamilzulkarnain from Malaysia with Tech3 KTM Factory Racing
(43) Adamaiman43 from Malaysia with Ducati Lenovo eSports Team
(55) Syapixel 55 aka Ahmad Syafiq from Malaysia with Repsol Honda Team
(60) Ari TW from Indonesia with Petronas Yamaha SRT
(94) syafiqracer92 from Malaysia with Yahoo Pramac Racing
4 years ago
4 years ago
4 years ago