2 days ago
New to motogp.com?Register here
Valencia-born Iker Lecuona (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing) finished MotoGP™ FP1 at the Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana top of the pile in the wet conditions. The Spaniard’s 1.40.569 was good enough to beat second place Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) – who was a late crasher at Turn 1 – by 0.155s, while Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) completed the top three.
Unexpected rain started to fall just before the premier class’ opening Free Practice session in Valencia, handing the riders some tricky conditions to deal with on Friday morning. Danilo Petrucci’s (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing) final MotoGP™ weekend got off to a painful start, as the Italian suffered a nasty off-throttle highside at Turn 4. Thankfully, Petrucci was able to walk away from the crash, and soon after, Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) tucked the front at Turn 2 – rider ok.
The rain did stop and conditions improved towards the end of the session, which saw plenty of riders improve their times. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) and Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) rounded out a top five split by 0.374s, less than a second covered the top 12.
Will FP2 be dry for the premier class? Find out at 14:10 local time (GMT+1).
1. Iker Lecuona (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing) – 1:40.569
2. Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.155
3. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.161
4. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 0.371
5. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.374
6. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.446
7. Luca Marini (SKY VR46 Avintia) + 0.535
8. Franco Morbidelli (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.631
9. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.731
10. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.917
2 days ago
5 days ago
1 week ago
2 weeks ago