It’s been a fast and furious Day 2 so far at the Official Sepang Test. Enea Bastianini (Gresini Racing MotoGP™) has become the fastest MotoGP™ rider to lap the Sepang International Circuit, the Italian’s 1:58.131 is 0.026s faster than Aleix Espargaro’s (Aprilia Racing) best effort. Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) is currently third, with 0.8s covering 18 riders.
The riders ventured out to do some time attack runs before the worst of the Malaysian heat arrived, giving us a very interesting and incredibly close timesheet at the halfway stage of the final day. 0.3s splits the top 12 and all six factories are within half a second of each other, giving us some very early indications that 2022 will once again be a fearsomely competitive season.
Action is underway on Day 2 in Malaysia
Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) and fastest rookie so far, Marco Bezzecchi (Mooney VR46 Racing Team), have both crashed unhurt at Turn 15 today. The latter is currently 16th, just 0.5s adrift from Bastianini’s outright lap record at Sepang.
Rain has started to fall heavily in Sepang, so time improvements might be hard to come by heading into the final few hours of testing this weekend. Stay tuned to motogp.com and MotoGP™’s social media channels for all the latest in Sepang, before highlights, pictures, interviews and After the Flag live, which begins at 10:30 CET, comes your way soon.
Everybody rushing out to get a decent lap time in in the morning, so do we!#rnfmotogpteam | #WithU | #WithUMotorsport | #atuttaenergia | #MotoGP | #2022Loading | #SepangTest | @AndreaDovizioso | @MotoGP | @DarrynBinder40 pic.twitter.com/Djb6crvK63— WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Team (@rnfracingteam) February 6, 2022
Top 10 (times as of 14:00 local time):
1. Enea Bastianini (Gresini Racing MotoGP™) – 1:58.131
2. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) + 0.026
3. Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) + 0.112
4. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.130
5. Maverick Viñales (Aprilia Racing) + 0.130
6. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.134
7. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP™) + 0.182
8. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.201
9. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 0.282
10. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.289
4 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here