So far on Day 2 of the Official MotoGP™ Mandalika Test the conditions have remained dry, allowing the riders to get some important running under their belts. At midday, Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) has set a 1:31.814 – the fastest of the test so far – to lead reigning World Champion Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP™) by 0.006s. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) was the first rider to head out on track and is currently P3, 0.070s shy.
The top five riders, which include Sepang Test pacesetter Enea Bastianini (Gresini Racing MotoGP™) and Aprilia Racing’s Aleix Espargaro, are split by 0.092s as track conditions continue to improve. However, they’re by no means perfect. It’s pretty much one line the whole way around the Pertamina Mandalika Circuit and off-line is dirty, as clouds now begin to loom.
MotoGP™ Pitlane Reporter Simon Crafar confirmed that there are plenty of things going on in the boxes as teams continue to go through their testing programmes, including Ducati – seemingly – moving away from their long exhaust.
Another day. Another @MotoGP #WeatherWatch pic.twitter.com/D5eXWTOejt— Repsol Honda Team (@HRC_MotoGP) February 12, 2022
Fabio Di Giannantonio (Gresini Racing MotoGP™) and 2020 World Champion Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) have crashed unhurt at Turn 11, Andrea Dovizioso (WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP™ Team) went down at Turn 9 and Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) has had a front-end washout at Turn 16.
Make sure you tune into After the Flag live at 16:30 local time (GMT+8) to get all the analysis and reaction from Day 2, as well as casting an eye on motogp.com for a report, highlights, interviews and more.
Top 10 (13:00 local time):
1. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) – 1:31.814
2. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP™) + 0.006
3. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.070
4. Enea Bastianini (Gresini Racing MotoGP™) + 0.073
5. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) + 0.092
6. Jorge Martin (Pramac Racing) + 0.266
7. Maverick Viñales (Aprilia Racing) + 0.300
8. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 0.413
9. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.417
10. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.486
2 years ago
2 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here