Currently plying his trade with the Ducati Lenovo Team, Jack Miller is on the move next season having signed a two-year factory deal with KTM. It's a first return to the Austrian marque since his Moto3™ days in 2014, and he will form part of an exciting line up alongside Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing). One of the most recognizable faces from the MotoGP™ world, with his antics, mischief and shoeys well documented within the paddock, you can get to know him a little better by reading the 10 facts below!
1. Miller has a well-deserved reputation within the paddock as a prankster, and it seems he has always been that way. As a kid, he somehow managed to talk his babysitter into draining his pool and turned into a DIY skate park!
2. The Ducati rider also makes for a steady farmhand. Having grown up on one, Miller reckons he would have become a farmer if he hadn’t gone down the MotoGP™ route, while he plans on returning to it once he retires from the sport and settles down with a few mini Millers.
3. On the topic of his farm, the Aussie has said that if he were to become World Champion, he would treat his team to a trip to his home and party long and hard into the night.
4. Miller is a popular man, but his best friend is Bruce, a beautiful French Bulldog that has accompanied him throughout his career.
5. He claims his hidden talent is cooking, and in classic Aussie fashion, fancies himself to be a king of the grill over a BBQ.
6. Miller wore the number 73 on his 125cc debut in Germany back in 2011. When joining the Moto3™ class as full-time rider, he switched to the number 8, but he always wanted the number 43, which he finally got in 2015 after jumping up to the premier class. His very first number was 543, and when he switched to road racing, he dropped the 5.
7. Being the proud Australian he is, it comes as little surprise that his favourite track is Phillip Island, while Mick Doohan was his idol growing up. Casey Stoner is another idol, with the two-time World Champion’s incredible Turn 3 technique in Phillip Island his favourite piece of MotoGP™ history.
8. Miller is a huge fan of rock and roll. Pink Floyd and Dire Straits among his favourites and he has said he’d love to invite Nick Mason, the drummer from Pink Floyd or Dire Straits vocalist and guitarist Mark Knopfler to the paddock. Comfortably numb, from Pink Floyd’s The Wall album, is his go to song in times of stress, and we have to say he has impeccable taste when it comes to music.
9. As a child, he embarked on the trip of a lifetime with his father, travelling thousands of kilometres with his father across Australia in a van.
10. Thankfully we get to see Miller on a regular basis on the track, but it could have been different he pursued career’s in other sports. The Ducati man played plenty of rugby growing up while he is regularly spotted out on the golf courses back home and has an enormous amount of time for fishing. Jack Miller as a professional angler? Well, he certainly has the look down…
4 years ago
4 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here