Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Ajo) goes into qualifying as the man on top after his impressive P3 performance saw him set a scintillating 1:56.175 at the Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley. Diogo Moreira (MT Helmets - MSI) will join the Turk after missing out on the top spot by 0.367s. Daniel Holgado (Red Bull KTM Tech3) bagged the final spot in the top 3 0.516s away from Öncü at the top.
The top 3 will be joined in Q2 by Ayumu Sasaki (Liqui Moly Husqvarna Intact GP) who finished practice in P4, with Matteo Bertelle (Rivacold Snipers Team) and Riccardo Rossi (SIC58 Squadra Corse) rounding out the top 6. Jaume Masia (Leopard Racing) has some work to do to catch his rivals but bagged a Q2 spot in P7 just ahead of the rookie David Alonso (Valresa GASGAS Aspar Team) in P8. Ivan Ortola (Angeluss MTA Team) could only manage P12 but that does give him a chance at pole as he goes directly through to Q2 with Scott Ogden (VisionTrack Racing) taking the final Q2 spot in P14.
Not everyone made the Q2 cut, however. Vicente Perez (BOE Motorsports) just missed out on Q2 and will be joined in Q1 by Filippo Farioli (Red Bull KTM Tech3), Taiyo Furusato (Honda Team Asia), Ryusei Yamanaka (Valresa GASGAS Aspar Team), Romano Fenati (Rivacold Snipers Team), and Joel Kelso (CFMOTO Racing PruestelGP).
Next up for Moto3™ is qualifying at 12:50 local time (GMT +2), in the meantime you can keep up to date with everything from the Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley on motogp.com!
The Top 10:
1. Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Ajo) - 1:56.175
2. Diogo Moreira (MT Helmets – MSI) +0.367
3. Daniel Holgado (Red Bull KTM Tech3) +0.516
4. Ayumu Sasaki (Liqui Moly Husqvarna Intact GP) +0.533
5. Matteo Bertelle (Rivacold Snipers Team) +0.642
6. Ricardo Rossi (SIC58 Squadra Corse) +0.683
7. Jaume Masia (Leopard Racing) +0.695
8. David Alonso (GASGAS Aspar Team) +0.713
9. Xavier Artigas (CFMOTO Racing PruestelGP) +0.753
10. Tatsuki Suzuki (Leopard Racing) +0.866