A selection of facts and figures for the Moto2™ class as the bwin Grand Prix České republiky draws closer.
- Johann Zarco has had a single podium finish at Brno – 2nd in the 125cc race in 2011. His best results from three starts at the circuit in the Moto2™ class is a fifth in 2013, when he also set the fastest lap of the race while making his way through the field from 15th place at the end of the second lap. Last year Zarco finished the Moto2™ race at Brno in 9th place.
- Following his victory at Indianapolis, if Alex Rins wins at Brno he will become the second youngest rider, after Marc Marquez, to take back-to-back wins in the Moto2™ class. Rins’ best result at Brno in the Moto3™ class was fourth in 2013, when he also qualified on pole. Brno is one of just two circuits, along with Motegi, where Rins has not stood on the podium in his short grand prix career.
- Tito Rabat set a new lap record last year at Brno on his way to winning the race having also qualified on pole position. This was just his second podium appearance at Brno; his other was a 3rd in the 125cc class back in 2010.
- Thomas Luthi has twice finished on the podium at Brno in the Moto2™ class: third in 2013 and second in 2012. The Swiss rider won the 125cc race at Brno in 2005 - the year he took the world title in the lightweight class.
- Sam Lowes qualified in fourth place on the grid at Brno last year and then crashed out of the race on the fifth lap while in third place. Lowes has raced at the Brno circuit in the World Supersport championship, finishing 4th in 2012.
- Sandro Cortese finished third last year at Brno – his only podium since moving up to the Moto2™ class at the start of 2013. Cortese won the 125cc race at Brno in 2011, which was his first ever grand prix win.
- Mika Kallio has had five podium finishes at the Brno circuit – two in the 125cc class, one in the 250cc class and two in the last two years in the Moto2™ class, including a race win in 2013.
- In addition to those mentioned above, other riders currently competing in the Moto2™ class who have won at Brno are: Jonas Folger (Moto3™/2012) and Luis Salom (Moto3™/2013).