All of the critical information you need to know about the Moto3™ race at the Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas.
The Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas begins at 11:00 Local Time and will last 18-laps.
- On pole position is Philip Oettl, his first front row qualifying performance in what is his 56th GP start in Moto3™. This is the first pole for a German rider in the Moto3™ class since Jonas Folger at the San Marino Grand Prix in 2013.
- All three previous Moto3™ races in Austin have been won by the rider starting from pole position.
- In second place on the grid is Jorge Navarro who has finished on the podium five times in the last seven races.
- Enea Bastianini is on the front row for the first time since the Japanese GP last year. Bastianini just missed out on a podium last year in Austin when he lost out to Vazquez in the sprint to the line by less than two tenths of a second.
- Heading the second row is Jakub Kornfeil who finished fifth in Austin two years ago.
- The fifth placed rider on the grid, Romano Fenati, just missed out on the win in Austin in 2014 when he finished 0.069 second behind race winner Jack Miller.
- In just his third grand prix start, Adam Norrodin has qualified in sixth place on the grid.
- The winner of the opening Moto3™ race of the year, Niccolo Antonelli starts from 30th place on the grid, with the winner from Argentina Khairul Idham Pawi two places behind him.