It was a 1-2-3 for the Championship leaders in Moto2™ Warm Up, with Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) ahead of closest challenger Tom Lüthi (CarXpert Interwetten) and Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) for close company in third.
- Mattia Pasini (Italtrans Racing Team) will start from the pole position at successive races for the first time since he raced in the 125cc class back in 2007.
- Pasini will be on pole position with a margin of 0.001s ahead of Franco Morbidelli, the smallest margin in Moto2™ since Alex Rins and Sam Lowes recorded the same qualifying time in Le Mans back in 2015.
- Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) is in second place on the grid, his tenth front row start from the eleven opening race of the season. The first rider to achieve that feat since Tito Rabat in 2014.
- Alex Márquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) will complete the front row, his eighth front row start of the season, his tenth front row start since he joined the Moto2™ in 2015.
- Heading the second row is Francesco Bagnaia (Sky Racing Team VR46), the same grid position as one week ago in Brno.
- Winner in Brno, Tom Lüthi (CarXpert Interwetten) will start from the second row. He just missed the podium in Red Bull Ring last year, finishing just 0.091s behind Álex Rins.
- Closing the second row is Fabio Quartararo (Pons HP 40), the second best qualifying result of his rookie year after his fifth in Assen.