Jorge Martin (Del Conca Gresini Moto3) was quickest out on track for the British GP Warm Up – the Spaniard laying down the fastest lap time by over half a second ahead of Livio Loi (Leopard Racing). Bringing up third spot was Romano Fenati (Marinelli Rivacold Snipers). There were two incidents from amongst the Moto3™ contingent, however Albert Arenas (Aspar Mahindra Moto3) and Kaito Toba (Honda Team Asia), have now been checked over an declared fit to race.
For full results, click here!
- Romano Fenati has qualified on pole position for the first time since Mugello last year. This is his fourth pole position in his Grand Prix career equalling Niccolò Antonelli, Jonas Folger and Luis Salom. Romano Fenati will be aiming to win his second race of the season after Austin.
- Joan Mir has qualified in second on the grid, the fifth front row start of his career. He will be aiming to win his eighth race of the season, becoming the first rider to achieve that feat since the introduction of the Moto3™ class in 2012.
- Gabriel Rodrigo will be on the front row for the third successive time. Rodrigo will be aiming to become the first Argentinean rider to stand on the podium in the lightweight class since Willy Perez finished 3rd at Spa Francorchamps 1986. Argentina have never had a race win in the lightweight-class of Grand Prix racing.
- John McPhee qualified in fifth for the second successive time after Austria, his best qualifying result since he lined up on pole at Mugello earlier this season. He crossed the line in 17th last year in Silverstone from 17th on the grid.
- Niccolò Antonelli qualified in fifth, equalling his best qualifying result this season when he was fifth on the grid during the opening round in Qatar. Antonelli will be aiming to stand on the podium for the first time since he won in Qatar last year. With his teammate Bo Bendnseyder and Enea Bastianini, Antonelli is the only rider currently competing in this class who have stood on the podium at Silverstone.
-Andrea Migno will start from sixth on the grid, his best qualifying result since he was fifth in Phillip Island last season.