It’s time for the final round of the 2018 MotoGP™ season and that means we’re heading to the Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana.
The Ultimate Rush
Despite all three rider World Championships already being decided, there’s still a lot at stake in Valencia this weekend.
- Rookie of the Year will be decided: Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) sits 10 points ahead of Hafizh Syharin (Monster Yamaha Tech 3), a healthy advantage heading into the last race.
- Top Independent Team rider will be decided: Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha MotoGP) sits one point ahead of the unfit Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) and five ahead of Danilo Petrucci (Alma Pramac Racing). The battle between the Frenchman and the Italian looks set to be a cracker.
Zarco wants to be fighting in the top 5 next year
- The Teams Championship will be decided: Repsol Honda Team sit 39 points ahead of Movistar Yamaha MotoGP - the triple crown could be Honda's in Valencia.
- If Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) gets on the podium: he equals Eddie Lawson as the rider with the sixth most podiums in the premier class (78).
- If Marquez wins: equals Jim Redman as the rider with the third most wins with Honda across all classes.
Wins with Honda - all classes:
54 - Mick Doohan
54 - Dani Pedrosa
45 - Jim Redman
44 - Marc Marquez
- If Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda Team) wins: he has won at least one race every year in the premier class for 13 consecutive years.
Porto remembers his rivaly and friendship with Dani Pedrosa
- If Can Öncü (Red Bull KTM Ajo) wins: he’ll become the youngest ever Grand Prix winner (15 years, 115 days).
1 year ago
New to motogp.com?Register here