New to motogp.com?Register here
John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) has topped the timesheets in Moto3™ FP1 at the Gran Premio Red Bull de España after setting a 1:47.052, a time good enough to beat joint-Championship leader Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) by 0.147 in P2, with rookie Riccardo Rossi (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) third.
The lightweight class were greeted by sunny blue skies at the Circuito de Jerez – Angel Nieto as we begin our 2019 European tour, and it was fellow Kömmerling Gresini Moto3 rider Gabriel Rodrigo who ended fourth on the timesheets – 0.220 splitting the Argentine from McPhee. Dennis Foggia (SKY Racing Team VR46) completed the top five on board his KTM as 0.269 separated the fastest quintet.
Andrea Migno (Bester Capital Dubai) crashed at Turn 3 – rider ok.
Tune in for Moto3™ FP2 at 13:15 local time (GMT+2).
1. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) - 1:47.052
2. Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) + 0.147
3. Riccardo Rossi (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 0.165
4. Gabriel Rodrigo (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 0.220
5. Dennis Foggia (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.269
6. Jauma Masia (Bester Capital Dubai) + 0.287
7. Kaito Toba (Honda Team Asia) + 0.384
8. Jakub Kornfeil (Redox PrüstelGP) + 0.401
9. Marcos Ramirez (Leopard Racing) + 0.411
10. Raul Fernandez (Sama Qatar Angel Nieto Team) + 0.420
Click here for the full results!
Support for this video player will be discontinued soon.
Moto3™ FP1 in Spain: Engines on in Jerez
1 year ago