A late flying lap from Remy Gardner (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) in Moto2™ Warm Up at the Shark Helmets Grand Prix de France put the Australian 0.3 clear of second place Sam Lowes (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) and third place Andrea Locatelli (Italtrans Racing Team).
It seems that @GardnerRemy is single-handedly trying to warm Le Mans up a little bit ????— MotoGP™ ???????? (@MotoGP) May 19, 2019
????????????#FrenchGP ???????? pic.twitter.com/ooeYC5o7cI
Rain threatened at the start of the session but it stayed away as a late 1:37.796 put Gardner way clear of the field ahead of the intermediate class race, with Lowes suffering a late tumble at Turn 9 – rider ok, but the British rider has a huge job on his hands to salvage points from P26 on the grid. Locatelli has been quick all weekend and he continued to show speed on Sunday morning, with Augusto Fernandez (FlexBox HP 40) and Dynavolt Intact GP’s Tom Lüthi completing the top five. Polesitter Jorge Navarro was sixth on board his Lightech Speed Up.
The Moto2™ race kicks off at 12:20 local time (GMT+2), will the rain hold off?
Moto2™ Warm Up in France
1. Remy Gardner (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) 1:37.796
2. Sam Lowes (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 0.300
3. Andrea Locatelli (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.345
4. Augusto Fernandez (FlexBox HP 40) + 0.392
5. Tom Lüthi (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 0.412
6. Jorge Navarro (Lightech Speed Up) + 0.430
7. Bo Bendsneyder (NTS RW Racing GP) + 0.445
8. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.609
9. Enea Bastianini (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.678
10. Iker Lecuona (American Racing KTM) + 0.679
Click here for the full results!
5 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here