New to motogp.com?Register here
Home hero Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) got out of bed on the right side this morning as the Frenchman topped the timesheets in Warm Up at the Shark Helmets Grand Prix de France, his 1:32.483 in the dry conditions was enough to lead polesitter Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) by 0.142, with Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Pol Espargaro up in third.
The rain stayed away for the morning session as the premier class got their first full dry session in since FP2 on Friday, and it was the 20-year-old who looked like he was riding on rails – slamming in 13 laps to finish top of the pile, with Marquez and Espargaro both within a couple of tenths.
Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) will start from a lowly 15th place, but a P4 in Warm Up will give the British rider hope of a good result in Le Mans. Turn 3 caught out a trio of riders in the cool and cloudy morning conditions as fifth fastest Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP), Reale Avinita Racing’s Tito Rabat and Team Suzuki Ecstar’s Joan Mir crashed unhurt, the latter also crashing at Turn 10 later in the session.
FREE VIDEO: Viñales crashes out of Warm Up
So will it be wet or dry for the MotoGP™ French GP? The clouds cover Le Mans but there’s no rain falling yet. You really don’t want to miss Round 5 of the season and it comes your way from 14:00 local time (GMT+2)!
1. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) 1:32.483*
2. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.142
3. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.222
4. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) + 0.378
5. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.480
6. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 0.525
7. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.536
8. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) + 0.617
9. Danilo Petrucci (Ducati Team) + 0.642
10. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.719
Click here for the full results!
MotoGP™ Warm Up in France