New to motogp.com?Register here
Sporting a stunning 60th Anniversary Honda livery, Honda Team Asia’s Ai Ogura kicked off his Motul TT Assen by topping the Moto3™ timesheets in FP1 with a 1:42.738, good enough to beat Catalan GP race winner Marcos Ramirez (Leopard Racing) by 0.060.
Conditions were cool and cloudy on Friday morning at the TT Circuit Assen and it was Tony Arbolino (VNE Snipers) who was the early pacesetter in the session before Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) and Kömmerling Gresini Moto3’s Gabriel Rodrigo took over at the top. However, Kornfeil then went to P1 with the first 1’42 of the day but it would be Ogura and Ramirez who would be the top two at the end of FP1, the top three separated by just 0.080.
VNE Snipers’ Romano Fenati was the only other rider to dip under the 1’43 bracket, with fellow Honda rider Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Leopard Racing) completing the top five.
Support for this video player will be discontinued soon.
Moto3™ FP1 at the Dutch TT: Engines on in Assen
The 30-rider strong Moto3™ field will be back out for FP2 at 13:15 local time (GMT+2).
1. Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia) – 1:42.738
2. Marcos Ramirez (Leopard Racing) + 0.060
3. Jakub Kornfeil (Redox PruestelGP) + 0.080
4. Romano Fenati (VNE Snipers) + 0.193
5. Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Leopard Racing) + 0.318
6. Gabriel Rodrigo (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 0.337
7. Sergio Garcia (Estrella Galicia 0,0) + 0.367
8. John McPhee(Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.396
9. Tony Arbolino (VNE Snipers) + 0.506
10. Albert Arenas (Sama Qatar Angel Nieto) + 0.624
Click here for the full results!
2 months ago
2 months ago