New to motogp.com?Register here
Thanks to his 1:28.547 in FP2, Mike Di Meglio (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) heads the FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup field after Friday Free Practice at the HJC Helmets Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland. The 2008 125cc World Champion sits just 0.039 clear of second place Niki Tuuli (Ajo MotoE) as Hector Garzo (Tech 3 E-Racing) completes a top three split by a mere 0.097.
The 18 MotoE™ riders got a 30-minute FP1 and FP2 session under their belts on Friday, and it was Jesko Raffin (Dynavolt Intact GP) who topped the first ever competitive MotoE™ session in FP1. However, the pace was upped considerably in the afternoon with the likes of Di Meglio and Garzo going around one second quicker. Raffin could only improve his FP1 time by a tenth in FP2 as the Swiss rider finished fourth on the combined times with a 1:28.696, 0.105 quicker than fifth place Bradley Smith (One Energy Racing).
A Josh Hook (Octo Pramac MotoE) crash in FP2 briefly brought out the Red Flags – rider ok.
Just 0.254 covers the top five after the opening day of electric action and next up for the Energica Ego Corsa riders is E-Pole. Don’t miss the one flying lap qualifying that will decide the first ever MotoE™ grid for Sunday’s race at 16:00 local time (GMT+2) on Saturday, just after Moto2™ qualifying has ended.
Top 10 combined:
1. Mike Di Meglio (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) – 1:28.547
2. Niki Tuuli (Ajo MotoE) + 0.039
3. Hector Garzo (Tech 3 E-Racing) + 0.097
4. Jesko Raffin (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 0.149
5. Bradley Smith (One Energy Racing) + 0.254
6. Eric Granado (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) + 0.619
7. Alex De Angelis (Octo Pramac Racing) + 0.662
8. Xavier Simeon (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) + 0.892
9. Nico Terol (Openbank Angel Nieto Team) + 0.894
10. Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE) + 0.949
Click here for the full results!
1 year ago
1 year ago