After confirming he will be staying with VNE Snipers in Moto3™ next season, Tony Arbolino went quickest in a damp lightweight class Warm Up at the HJC Helmets Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland, a 1:34.943 was enough to beat second place Niccolo Antonelli (SIC58 Squadra Corse), with John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) completing the top three.
Not a bad way to celebrate your new contract! ????@TonyArbolino, who will stay with @SnipersRacing in #Moto3 next year, tops the warm-up ahead of @_Nicco23! ????#GermanGP ???????? pic.twitter.com/AiwwToOWeP— MotoGP™ ???????? (@MotoGP) July 7, 2019
As forecasts predicted, wet weather greeted the riders on Sunday morning. It was a damp start but the rain has since held off as a dry line starts to form around the Sachsenring, but will it clear for the race at 11:00 local time (GMT+2)? Time will tell.
1. Tony Arbolino (VNE Snipers) – 1:34.943
2. Niccolo Antonelli (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 0.082
3. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.123
4. Raul Fernandez (Sama Qatar Angel Nieto Team) + 0.285
5. Jaume Masia (Bester Capital Dubai) + 0.348
6. Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 0.675
7. Can Öncü (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.714
8. Jakub Kornfeil (Redox PrüstelGP) + 0.842
9. Darryn Binder (CIP Green Power) + 0.893
10. Gabriel Rodrigo (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 0.933
⚠️Announcement ⚠️— Tony Arbolino (@TonyArbolino) July 6, 2019
Next year #confirmed with my Snipers Team ????
????”I decided so because I can still grow up even if we are fighting to win.I am sure it's important to do another year in Moto3 for arriving prepared in Moto2
Now need to #keepfocus to finish the season at the best???? pic.twitter.com/J8AfaXfuT3
Click here for the full results!