Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) has gone fastest in a crucial Monster Energy Grand Prix České republiky morning Warm Up, with FP3, FP4 and qualifying all being wet the riders had 20 minutes to get some vital dry weather running to see which tyres they wanted to use for this afternoon’s race. The Italian set a 1:57.052 on a medium rear tyre to head Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) by 0.037, with Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) 0.067 back in third.
Dovizioso and Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) were the only riders to head out on a rear tyre that wasn’t a soft option in the first half of Warm Up, with everyone heading into relatively unknown waters for the race with only FP1 and FP2 under their belts in terms of fully dry track time. Dovi was at the forefront throughout along with Viñales and Miller, with all of the top 10 setting their quickest times fairly early into the session. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) claimed P4, 0.260 off Dovi, with rookie Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) heading polesitter Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) in P5 and P6 respectively.
A slightly unusual looking grid and a field that aren’t sure about tyre choices pave way for an unpredictable and enthralling Czech GP. We’re set for a belter under beautiful Brno skies later on today so tune in for the MotoGP™ race at 14:00 local time (GMT+2).
1. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) 1:57.052
2. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) +0.037
3. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) +0.067
4. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) +0.260
5. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) +0.333
6. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) +0.349
7. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) +0.376
8. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) +0.436
9. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) +0.438
10. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) +0.452
Click here for the full results!