New to motogp.com?Register here
On his ninth flying lap on the same set of tyres, Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) set an impressive 1:59.609 to edge out GoPro British Grand Prix polesitter Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) in morning Warm Up. Ducati Team’s Andrea Dovizioso completed the top three, 0.301 back from Quartararo.
Coming up: can Rossi rival Marquez at the GoPro British GP?
Warm Up was played out in stunning sunshine as Silverstone prepares for a sensational day of racing. Honours went to Quartararo as the riders went out – and stayed out – on the tyres they think they’ll use for the race, with the rookie consistently in the mid to high 1:59s. As was Marquez though, the duo exchanging P1 throughout the session as tensions build ahead of the 20-lap scrap this afternoon. Dovizioso also set his quickest time in the 1:59s, the Italian will start from 7th as he aims to challenge for victory, with second on the grid Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) doing a 1:59.995 on his 10th lap to finish fourth in Warm Up.
FREE: The last 5 minutes of qualifying at Silverstone
The top 14 were covered by less than a second on Sunday morning. Brace yourselves for an epic MotoGP™ race as there looks set to be at least a handful of riders who have a shout of claiming the top step of the podium. 13:00 local time (GMT+1) is when you need to be tuned in, so don’t miss a single slice of the action.
Day 2 MotoGP™ recap: 60 poles in 120 premier class GPs
1. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) 1:59.609
2. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.070
3. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 0.301
4. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.386
5. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.444
6. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.450
7. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) + 0.554
8. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.634
9. Danilo Petrucci (Ducati Team) + 0.648
10. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) + 0.692
Click here for the full results!
Previously in MotoGP™... Dovi vs Marquez!
4 months ago
2 years ago