New to motogp.com?Register here
Misano race winner Augusto Fernandez (FlexBox HP 40) picked up where he left off last weekend as the Spaniard set a 1:52.474 in Moto2™ FP1 at the Gran Premio Michelin® de Aragon to head Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) by 0.278. Lorenzo Baldassarri made it two FlexBox HP 40 bikes in the top three.
Sunny northern Spanish skies greeted all classes during the morning and straight from the off, Fernandez was on the pace. Both he and Championship leader Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) were at the top of the times before Marini went 0.6 clear at the summit with 10 mins to go. Fernandez clawed back the Italian’s advantage in the latter stages however, going over 0.2 clear while Baldassarri jumped ahead of Marquez for P3 on his penultimate lap.
That’s how your top four looked in Moto2™ FP1, with Tetsuta Nagashima (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) the only other rider within a second of Fernandez in P5. However, less than a tenth splits sixth place Sam Lowes (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) to 11th fastest Tom Lüthi (Dynavolt Intact GP).
Moto2™ FP1 at the Aragon GP: Friday in full swing
See the intermediate class back on track for FP2 at 15:10 local time (GMT+2) in what could be a crucial session, with Saturday’s weather forecast looking likely to be wet.
1. Augusto Fernandez (FlexBox HP 40) 1:52.474
2. Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.278
3. Lorenzo Baldassarri (FlexBox HP 40) + 0.890
4. Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.921
5. Tetsuta Nagashima (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) + 0.930
6. Sam Lowes (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 1.013
7. Andrea Locatelli (Italtrans Racing Team) + 1.025
8. Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 1.028
9. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 1.053
10. Nicolo Bulega (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 1.083
Click here for the full results!
3 years ago
3 years ago