New to motogp.com?Register here
Having escaped the rain and thunderstorms for the entirety of Friday at the PTT Thailand Grand Prix, the Chang International Circuit was a direct hit for bad weather on Saturday. An 80-minute delay to proceedings meant that the Moto3™ World Championship riders took to the circuit for a shortened half-an-hour session of FP3, with the top 14 from Friday’s sessions going through directly to Q2. Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia) led the way in the wet, ahead of Britain’s John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) - both going through Q1 on combined times - with Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team).
From adventurous crabs to exceptionally brave Moto3™ riders, the wet session finally started. Turn 1 was proving particularly challenging but the first crash would come from Tom Booth-Amos (CIP Green Power) at Turn 4, though the Brit was unscathed. Ai Ogura and fastest rider on day one, Andrea Migno (Mugen Race) swapped positions at the top and demonstrated their pace at the top. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) briefly led but at the top come the end of the session, it would be Ogura who held on to lead. Championship leader, Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Leopard Racing), was in 16th.
There were numerous crashes besides Booth-Amos, with teammate Darryn Binder also going down at Turn 4, Alonso Lopez (Estrella Galicia 0,0) at Turn 1 and Filip Salac (Redox PrustelGP) at Turn 8.
Joining the top ten on the combined times are Leopard Racing duo Marcos Ramirez and Championship leader, Lorenzo Dalla Porta, along with Kaito Toba (Honda Team Asia) and Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) – second in the standings.
Top 10 after Free Practice combined, full FP3 results here!
1. Andrea Migno (Mugen Race) 1’42.789
2. Tony Arbolino (VNE Snipers) +0.252
3. Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) +0.278
4. Gabriel Rodrigo (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) +0.318
5. Dennis Foggia (Sky Racing Team VR46) +0.421
6. Jakub Kornfeil (Redox PrustelGP) +0.427
7. Makar Yurchenko (BOE Skull Rider Mugen Race) +0.431
8. Alonso Lopez (Estrella Galicia 0,0) +0.669
9. Ayumu Sasaki (Petronas Sprinta Racing) +0.692
10. Albert Arenas (Gaviota Angel Nieto Team) +0.768
3 weeks ago